Registration for Spring Classes are NOW OPEN!
Sign up TODAY!
All classes and materials are provided FREE.
Call (509) 453-8229 to register.
What is Family-to-Family?
Family-to-Family is a twelve-week, evidenced-based, education program providing support and education to family members and friends of individuals who are living with mental illness. Classes are taught by trained family members and graduates of the program. In addition to learning about treatment strategies, and how to more effectively communicate with loved ones, many participants also find the emotional support they receive crucial during their loved ones’ times of illness and stress. The program was created by Dr. Joyce Burland, a psychologist and family member.
- Explanation of major brain disorders
- The latest information about medications (including side effects and strategies for promoting medication adherence)
- Information about the most effective treatments available
- What to do in a crisis
- Handling your loved one’s hospitalization and relapse
- Problem solving and communication skills
- Advocating for your loved ones; how to work with professionals
- Taking care of yourself
By the end of the 12-week session, participants will have a packet of materials to keep for ongoing reference. This class has proven to make a positive impact on family members and their loved ones. Information really is power and in this case it’s free! Want to give back?
(Childcare not available for Family-to-Family)
Watch this short video about Family to Family.